Prove Your Business Case; Know Your Bottom Line
Workshop Length: 12.0 hours
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce you to the business plan as an opportunity to become an expert on your own business. The session will begin by highlighting the importance of market research and providing you with a process for researching your business idea. The business plan is a structure to help you organize your market research and enable you to prove or disprove your business case. All aspects of the business plan are covered, including developing a business concept, building a marketing strategy, planning business operations, and an overview of the Financial Section for a business plan.
The workshop is interactive, including a number of activities aimed at guiding you to draft Elements of your business plan. Small group learning activities are followed with time for questions and discussion. You will leave the workshop with a clear understanding of the next steps needed to complete your business plan. For this workshop, successful outcomes can include deciding to complete a business plan, deciding to hire a consultant, or moving on to pursue further education or training.
The workshop can be delivered in 2 days or broken into shorter segments.
- At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of a business plan
- Define and plan your market research
- Discover a business plan structure and process
- Determine how to prove your business case
- Build draft elements of your business plan
- Ease the fear of financials and forecasting
- Recognize where to find assistance and information
- Review and decide whether to finance a business plan
What You Will Learn
- What a business plan is and why it is necessary
- Where to get business planning tools
- How to organize your market research
- Where to access information and get help
- How to prove your business case
- How to do a financial forecast
- How to avoid business planning pitfalls
- How to identify and manage risk
- How to prepare a professional business plan
- Where to access related educational opportunities
This Workshop is For You if:
- You have an opportunity to start, buy or expand a business
- You want or need to develop a business plan
- You wish to transform your work experience or hobby into a business
This Workshop is for…
- Anyone wishing to develop a business plan
- Business planning facilitators, trainers, coaches
- New business start-ups
- Small or micro-business owners
- Workers who wish to become self-employed
- Non-profit organizations aspiring to develop a social enterprise
- Business owners who need to refocus or expand their business
What you can expect…
This workshop is learner-centered and designed for maximum participation and practice. You will fill your business planning tool chest with tricks and techniques in a safe and fun learning environment. You will leave the workshop with a clear idea of what a business plan is and how to go about developing one. Most importantly, you will know whether you are ready to develop your own business plan, take further training or hire a consultant to develop your plan for you.
What you will get…
Each participant will get a copy of the 99-Step Business Planner’s RoadMap™ and the RiskBuster™ Business Planner. The RiskBuster includes a sample business plan and the Biz4Caster™, a spreadsheet-based forecasting template.
Who Will Facilitate This Workshop?
President and CEO, Macrolink Action Plans Inc.
Call or email for a quote today:
Toll Free 1-877-612-9161